Low Level Laser/ PBM Therapy
What is PBM Therapy? Or Low Level Laser Therapy?
Photobiomodulation Therapy, also known as Low Level Laser Therapy, has been used and researched for over 40 years. It supports the body to heal at a cellular level, switching on chemical pathways that support cellular energy production, regeneration and the healing process. Its a non invasive restorative therapy that uses light giving energy to cells to instigate regeneration of new, healthier and better functioning tissue.
Photobiomodulation has been proven to...
- help reduce pain, inflammation and swelling
- accelerate recovery after all forms of surgery or injury
- assist in regeneration of skin tissue
- reduce inflammation associated with dermatitis, eczema/psoriasis, acne, burns
- Improve circulation through vasodilating effects of PBM Therapy
How many treatments and what to expect at a treatment session.
* Treatment times vary between 10-20 mins depending on the issue, but we allow for a 30 min appointment.
* Twice a week for up to 3 weeks is a good starting point to activate the bodies awareness to the issues that may have been present for years and assist the body to get those tissues back to a level of health. (This may differ from person to person depending on the condition)
Assists with –
- Muscle and joint pain – neck/back/elbows/knees/hips/feet
- Arthritis pain
- Tendonitis – shoulders, rotator cuff
- Wound healing – post surgery, cuts scars/burns
- Plantar fasciitis
- Trigger points
- Neural pain
- Fluid retention
Also works effectively with massage/lymphatic drainage. Provides drug free pain relief, beneficial when regular treatments are undertaken.